Harper-Theil Restoration Begins

Construction has begun at the site of the former Harper-Thiel Electroplating Company on Miller Road in North Wilmington.  The Spanish colonial style building was designed by Philadelphia architect Robeson Lea Perot as a research laboratory for Francis Irénée du Pont in 1917, and is now getting new life thanks to Ralph and Rose Pepe.

DSC03883

Tevebaugh has been working with the Pepes to bring their vision for the property to reality.  The restoration project includes several phases, the first of which will stabilize and preserve the existing infrastructure of the 11,000 square foot building.  The  restoration of the building’s historic shell will then provide the envelope for a new mixed commercial retail fit-out.  Potential tenants of the space include a cafe, market-style vendor stalls, and a restaurant.

DSC03900